Things You Wish You Could Say At Work…
June 16, 2008 (87 Responses)
LET’S FACE IT, we’ve all thought about it. Some of us have actually done it. For most of us our work life is never perfect, but sometimes it just gets so damn frustrating that once, just once,Â we wish you could just blurt outÂ some homeÂ truths. Well for those of you facing the same dilemma I give you a list of things you really wish you could say out loud at work.
Then again, having read the list I think I’ve actually done a fair few of these in the past. I’m not exactly what people call ‘subtle’ when expressing my views and opinions, so perhaps the list isn’t so much a wishlist in my case, but more of a to-do list
Anyway – here’s the list. Enjoy. I’ve ticked off the one’s I know I’ve used (or varients thereof) thus far, but I think it’s a reasonable challenge to try to get to use the rest of them ASAP!
- I can see your point, but I still think you’re full of shit. [Done]
- I don’t know what your problem is, but I’ll bet it’s hard to pronounce.
- How about never? Is never good for you? [Done]
- I see you’ve set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.
- I’m really easy to get along with once you people learn to see it my way. [Done]
- I’ll try being nicer if you’ll try being smarter. [Done]
- I’m out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.
- It sounds like English, but I can’t understand a damn word you’re saying. [Done]
- I like you. You remind me of myself when I was young and stupid.
- I have plenty of talent and vision; I just don’t give a damn. [Done]
- I’m already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.
- I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.
- The fact that no one understands you doesn’t mean you’re an artist. [Done]
- Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental. [Done]
- I’m not being rude. You’re just insignificant. [Done]
- It’s a thankless job, but I’ve got a lot of Karma to burn off.
- Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
- I started out with nothing & still have most of it left.
- Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. [Done]
- If I throw a stick, will you leave?
- Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.
- Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed. [done]
- I’m trying to imagine you with a personality.
I see two personal favourites there in that list that just have to get off my chest in the near future – so be warned I just can’t resist the urge to use #11 and #20